At 7:00 AM on Friday morning, my alarm went off. Whyyyyyy so early on my only day off this week AND during winter break? Oscar was getting his manhood taken away from him at 8:00 a.m. sharp. Needless to say, I just threw in my contacts and wore my pajamas there. With a pair of Ugg boots any outfit can be pulled off in public. (That was kind of a joke) Anyway, Oscar was pumped when he was let out of his crate so early in the morning to go immediately on a car ride. He loves car rides. Even if Betty or I are just taking him outside to go potty, he will sometimes sit by either of our cars and bark, not budging, hoping to go on an adventure. But, this time we weren't going on an adventure. No visiting family, the park, or the drive-thru gas station where they gave him a dog treat one time that almost made him jump out the car window. This trip was going be no fun.
I think he realized that we were not going to any usual place when we were in the car for over half an hour on the way to Jackson. He started to get antsy. When we finally made it to the vet, he refused to walk inside. He had to be carried in. It's like he knew. The whole time I was filling out paperwork and talking to the receptionist he was shaking, clawing, and freaking out. Now, here comes the mom part: It was so sad to see the look in his eyes when the lady took him from me to take him to the back to get prepped for surgery. It was a cross between "What the hell is going on?" and "Why are you leaving me?"
When it was time to pick him up, I swear he was glaring at me and dropping the F-bomb. But, he was happy to get back in my car, safe and sound in his crate, and pass out for the rest of the night. It was so abnormal to have a calm Oscar just chilling by me when I watched T.V. Normally, he acts like a child who has just been given permission to eat an entire pack of Juicy Fruit. Barking, clawing, toys, toys, TOYS, walking on laptops, barking some more... What can I say, I didn't really know what to do with myself with nothing to laugh or yell at.
In the end, Betty and I now have the phrase "Stop licking your stiches!" and a nice visual of Oscar attacking his crotch to look forward to for the next week :)
Funny shit
ReplyDelete